Things I’ve learned from spending time on Twitter with others authors…
– Never compare your success to anyone else’s. You’re on a different path, an you’ll either gloat which is rude, or feel inadequate which is pointless.
– Don’t be an elitist snob. Whether you’re an indie or a ‘traditional’ published author, you put words on paper, they’ll either be read or they won’t. Being a snobby pillock won’t help with any of it.
– There are never enough pictures of baby animals.
– Everyone has an opinion, 57.9% of them will be bad. Choose which you hear wisely.
– Talking on twitter can be like yelling into an abyss, occasionally it yells back.