I adore antiques.
It’s a love shared by one of the main characters in After the Scrum. Francis has an almost unhealthy obsession with all things ancient, so here’s a few things about antiques:
- Always consul an expert before attempting to clean one. No, seriously, have you ever watched Antiques Roadshow? They always have that one person who brings in a priceless item that has been ruined because of how they cleaned it.
- I can’t afford anything I want. Seriously.
- Craftsmanship a hundred years ago was extraordinary.
- I use the word seriously way too often. (Not about antiques, but still accurate).
- Antique desks are the most amazing things.
Are you a fan of antiques?