The last five days were spent in a haze of medication while I recovered from a surgery at the dentist. I thought I’d share five thoughts about the visit.
- Reading reviews about the dentist was surprisingly insightful and helpful. Reading reviews of my book while in pain and drugged was not insightful and helpful.
- Dentists really like fish. Seriously. There was this massive aquarium with many many fish.
- Valium and laughing gas made the surgery quite a hazy bluer. This was a good thing.
- Gauze might be a tool of torture. Biting on it was almost worse than having the tooth yanked.
- Being restricted to ‘taking it easy’ is also like torture.
All in all, despite everything, the visit went brilliantly.
Are you afraid of dentists like I am? How do you cope?