I had plans this weekend. Plans to make at least 8k in progress on The Wanderer. How much did I get written this weekend? Not even 1k.
So here’s what I learned this weekend:
- My muse/brain has limits I should respect.
- Taking time to rest is a necessary evil.
- Forced writing doesn’t work for me.
- My muse is a toddler who requires occasional naps.
- I can binge-watch Downton Abbey with an impressive amount of dedication. =)
The good news? After a word drought for several days, I picked up a pen last night and managed to eek out several hundred words. So not writer’s block, just writer’s exhaustion after rushing through finishing two 30k novellas.
Do you remember to take breaks to rest yourself as a writer?