I’ve had a lot of thoughts rolling around in my head for the last few days. Holocaust Remembrance Day was Friday. It only added to the swirling ideas in my brain. The catastrophic loss of life–of genocide–against the Jews and others should never be forgotten.
Here are a few things I believe we can all agree upon.
- Nazi’s are bad.
- Genocide is also bad.
- Bigotry in any form is also bad.
A few positive things to keep in mind.
- Self-care is not only important but critical in times of stress.
- Staying hopeful amidst the sea of negativity is critical.
- Be kind. Be compassionate.
- And lastly, Alan Rickman said it better than I ever could:
“It’s not just work, it’s your life. And it’s a human need to be told stories. The more we’re governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible. Or, what’s impossible? What’s a fantasy?”
“Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world.”
So, what will I do? I will write, take care of myself, and speak up for those who can’t.