I think every story you write comes with its own inherent challenges. Here are a few I dealt with in my upcoming short story, The Botanist:
- Accurately depicting the ways PTSD can affect someone.
- Keeping a realistic pace for the romance while staying within the confines of a short story.
- Maintaining a balance between a forceful personality and a slightly more mellow one.
- Finding the right obscure plants that might be on a botanist’s bucket list. (As someone who has terrible allergies, I tend to avoid all things flora lol).
- Fleshing out two characters in a short space and working to make readers want to know more about them–and their friends.
All I can say is.
Writing is hard lol.