(My visual inspiration for Akash is Raza Jaffrey)
In book four of The Sin Bin, The Royal Marine, which comes out in October, Akash Robinson gets his chance at love. He finds himself in the midst of an awkward love triangle. The baker has shown up a few times in the series thus far, but only as brief mentions. This is the first real chance readers get to meet him.
I thought I’d give a brief introduction to him with a few random facts.
- He’s biracial (or mixed race, depending on what term you prefer). His mother is Indian, and his father is Caucasian.
- Akash is completely obsessed with cooking reality TV shows. His personal favourite is The Great British Bake Off.
- He always wanted to be a baker.
- Until recently, Akash lived at home with his parents.
- His hands and arms are covered by tiny scars from getting burned while baking.
- Ganesh is the cat that his sisters gave him. Akash has a love/hate relationship with his cat.
- Akash played cricket at school–badly. He doesn’t like talking about it. His dad loves to tease him about it.
- As a youngster, Akash learned self-defense and has picked up several martial arts.
- One of his greatest joys in life is creating spice combination that represents both of his heritages.
- Of the three Robinson siblings, Akash has the worst memory.
- He and his two sisters were all given Sanskrit names.
- Akash’s name means sky or open space. His mother wanted him to feel free to grow into a great man.
Anyway, so there’s a bit about Akash Robinson. The strong-willed, sassy baker who tries to run away with the heart of a certain retired Royal Marine.