Whatever you celebrate during December, I hope you have a happy, safe, and peaceful holidays. May you connect with people who love and cherish you.
I thought I’d share some of my personal holiday traditions with you, ones that I’ve developed over the years since I left home by myself and with my husband. I grew up in an abusive home, so Christmas for me, as an adult, is about finding joy and comfort with those who actually care about me–not those who should’ve but don’t.
- We always do appetizers and board games on Dec 24th.
- A new holiday movie every year–one we haven’t seen.
- I watch Little Women in December (at least once).
- We always have one carton of eggnog (the good kind, not the weird kind in the tin).
- Christmas dinner is one that I usually experiment with new recipes.
Do you have holiday traditions? Anything special you do?
You must be logged in to post a comment.