This is a conversation I’ve had with my hubby three times in the last seven days.
Hubby: What are we watching tonight?
Me: The Olympics.
Hubby: Again? Seriously? Isn’t anything else on?
It’s fair to say I’ve watched the Olympics all day, every day since the opening ceremony. I’ve seen everything from curling (which I swear was invented by drunken, bored Scotsmen) to snowboarding to figure skating. The Winter Olympics are always my favourite.
I’m taking a few lessons away from the athletes as well. I thought I’d share them.
- Never give up. Even if you fall on your face, you might still win in the end if you keep going.
- Tune out the critics (even if it’s your own self-doubt.)
- Sometimes winning comes without a medal. Set your own definitions for success.
- No matter how inspired. I’ll never be a figure skater. I’d probably maim myself in the attempt. lol
- Find joy in what you’re doing.
How about you? Are you enjoying the Olympics? What’s your favourite event so far?