I’m a panster (I write by the seat of my pants, usually without a plan at all.) So, in a way, my stories always surprise me. Here are a few ways that At War with a Broken Heart surprised me.
- MacFluff – Did not see him coming at all. I was a quarter into the story when I realised the novel was shifting into m/m/m.
- Davet’s uncle – the complexity of their relationship did catch me off guard a little. I had to make sure I got it just right.
- Condoms. You’ll understand when you read the novel. =)
- All the various familial relationships. There are a lot of complex emotions. I worried quite a bit about getting those the way I wanted.
- Fraco. I can’t give away too many details here. *spoilers* But the entire storyline around Fraco broke my heart and surprised me.