How do you write in the middle of a global pandemic?
It’s definitely a conversation going around the writing community. Here are a few things I’ve been considering/doing/whatever.
- I accept that some days I just don’t have the mental, physical, and/or emotional energy to put pen to paper. I try to be kind to myself in those moments and not stress. Words will happen eventually.
- Write something that brings me joy. Now, at least for me, isn’t the time to write something that feels like pulling teeth.
- Turn off social media and the news. Nothing kills my writing vibe than a constant influx of bad and overwhelming information.
- Take breaks. Seriously. Take a walk, read a book, watch my favourite TV show. Anything but trying to be creative.
- Find a new routine. I’m autistic. Routines are in my DNA. So, I’ve definitely had to add a new normal into the structure of my day.
What are you doing to keep focused?
You must be logged in to post a comment.