I’m pretty sure my editor doesn’t think I have a process.
(She might be right. Love you, Liv!)
So…here’s what usually happens for me throughout editing.
- It starts while I’m writing. I generally send each finished chapter to two of my betas. I find it helps me with keeping tracking of things, though that’s not always successful either.
- Finish the book! (Yay! Collapse in a heap. Throw confetti. Have a nap.)
- Do a round of edits.
- Send to my last beta who works magic for me.
- Do another round of edits.
- Do a third round with Grammarly.
- Submit my book to my publisher after whining endlessly about writing a synopsis.
- Multiple rounds of edits with my editor and publisher.
- So many rounds.
- All the edits.