Since Hamilton came to Disney+, I’ve watched the entire play about ten times. I’ve watched the first half an additional ten or more. The second half tends to make me weepy and I’m not always in the mood to cry.
Each time I watch Hamilton, something new seems to stand out to me.
Here’s a few things I’ve noticed.
1. Christopher Jackson’s face during the final song while Eliza sings about his story and slavery.
2. The brilliantly subtle moments of foreshadowing woven throughout.
3. (or technically, 2a) Burr’s ‘like I said’ comment at the first scene in the bar where Hamilton meets Lafayette, Mulligan, and Laurens.
4. The Bullet. If you know, you know.
5. David Diggs. His pure joy in performance.
6. Brilliant word play and musicality.
7. Leslie Odom, Jr’s masterful performance.
8. The emotion evoked by Renee Elise Goldsberry in Satisfied.
9. Jonathan Goff’s laugh after One Last Time.
10. The interplay between Hamilton and Samuel Seabury during Farmer Refuted.