A couple years ago, I put a blog post together of writing quotes I enjoy and use for inspiration.
I thought I’d share a few more of my favourite quotes. This time from books I read either as a kid or in my teens.
- “. . . . I cannot escape my life but can only use my determination and courage to make it the best I can.” ―
- “There’s some good in this world, Mr Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” – Jane Austen, Persuasion
- “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs. – Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- “As Estha stirred the thick jam he thought Two Thoughts and the Two Thoughts he thought were these: a) Anything can happen to anyone. and b) It is best to be prepared.” —Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things