I took four days off social media a few weeks ago. I was finding myself completely overwhelmed. Something I’ve always struggled with, but since 2020 it’s only gotten worse. So I gave myself permission to take a break.
I thought I’d share a few things that I learned in those four days.
- I check Social Media, Twitter especially, far too often.
- I have no need for social media apps on my phone. And I’ve removed them.
- A constant deluge of ‘news’ is terrible for my mental health.
- The world didn’t end because I wasn’t immediately informed of things happening.
- I am in control of my social media timeline. There’s nothing wrong with muting/blocking people and tags. Boundaries are healthy.
The biggest takeaway for me was that I need to be giving myself a break from social media more often. I never realized how often I was just doomscrolling for no reason at all. So I’m trying to learn to set boundaries.
Do you struggle with too much time online?
You must be logged in to post a comment.