(Image by fiach from Pixabay)
I hate the question. Where do I find inspiration? It’s one of those open-ended questions that causes my mind to go blank. Just…blank. No ideas. Nothing.
So I thought I’d share where I got the initial inspiration for a few of my different books.
– the Blackbird Series: a crazy dream I had the week before NaNoWriMo started.
– After the Scrum: I made the mistake of watching 7 Nation rugby a week before NaNoWriMo one year.
– Royal Marine: Bake Off. Seriously. I binge-watched a few seasons of it, and Akash sprung from that.
– One Last Heist: Ocean’s Eleven.
– Motts: Motts was inspired by two things. One, the idea of someone naming their child after the food they crave while pregnant. Two, the series Rosemary & Thyme.
– My current WIP is inspired by Britain’s Secret Treasures, a show all about the artifacts people find while using metal detectors.
– Cosplay Killer was inspired in part by this:
– Pure Dumb Luck: I saw a news story about someone winning the lottery and sharing it with their best friend.
If you’re an author, where do you find inspiration for your books?
You must be logged in to post a comment.