I thought it would be fun to share five ways By The Fire surprised me.
1. The hilarious family interactions.
2. Ridge’s sense of humor.
3. Food. So much food. All the food.
4. Kaito’s ex, what a wanker.
5. The ending. It wasn’t the ending I anticipated, but I loved it.
By The Fire is set in Aspen, Colorado.
I thought I’d share ten fun things to do in Aspen in December.
1. Ski. Obviously.
2. Take a sleigh ride.
3. Enjoy the festivities of Aspen’s 12 Days of Christmas celebration.
4. Have a burger at The White House Tavern.
5. Check out the John Denver Sanctuary.
6. Enjoy the view from the Silver Queen Gondola ride.
7. Snowshoe through some of the trails.
8. Visit the Wheeler Opera House.
9. See the exhibits at the Aspen Art Museum.
10. Have a drink at the Aspen Brewing Company.
(Image by skeeze from Pixabay)
If you’ve read any of my books, you’ll know I LOVE a good swear. Sometimes inventive, sometimes conventional, I’ve rarely made a supposed ‘bad’ word I didn’t like.
In Here Comes the Son, I got incredibly creative with Lalo, one of the main characters. He doesn’t curse in a way you’d expect.
So here are a few of his greatest hits.
- Holy Crumbs
- Son of a Carrot
- Son of a Cabbage
- Oh My Basil
- Basil It Up
- For the Love of Oregano
- For Fennel’s Sake
- What the Fennel?
I think ‘basil it up’ is probably my favourite.
You thought I was going somewhere naughty with that, didn’t you?
I’ve been to Denver probably four or five times. My husband was born just north of the city and lived there for the first forty years of his life. He knows the city inside and out.
He was a great resource when I began writing Here Comes The Son.
There are loads of interesting places and buildings to see in the Mile High City (The Library is my husband’s favourite.)
I thought I’d focus on food, partly because it features quite prominently in my story.
So here are ten amazing restaurants to check out if you’re ever in the area.
- Denver Biscuit Company – yum
- Bar Dough
- Maria Empanada
- Vinh Xuong Bakery
- Aiko Pops
There are loads more, but these are definitely top of my list.
And now, I’m hungry.