- Faith’s Song – Amy Wadge
- O Come, All Ye Faithful – Pentatonix
- Better Days – Dermot Kennedy
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Love You Right – Walk Off The Earth
- Deck The Halls – Pentatonix
- The First Noel – Pentatonix
- White Winter Hymnal – Pentatonix
- 12 Days of Christmas – Pentatonix
- Happy Now – Pentatonix
- Dulwich Village
- Various stairwells in the tube stations in and around Covent Garden
- How fire spreads
- Seeds to plant in winter
- Winter storms in Cornwall
- Covent Gardens flats.
- Travel routes/times between Dulwich and Polperro
- Unique manners of death
- Serial Killers and why they keep trophies
- Best cat treats
We meet Wayne Dankworth in book two of Motts’s series. He’s a ‘fancy London detective’ who works cold cases and has been looking into her childhood friend’s murder. He develops a soft spot for Motts. We see a lot more of him in Purloined Poinsettia.
So here are a few things about him.
- A definitely silver fox.
- He was very loosely inspired, at least visually, by the character Deacon on SWAT.
- Enjoys solving cold cases.
- A cat person.
- Cares greatly about the detectives under his command.
- Has a soft spot for Motts (and went out of his way to educate himself about autism and neurodivergence.)
- Highly educated.
- Enjoys a good sandwich.
- Finds the ocean peaceful.
- Relaxes by looking into historical cold cases.
“I love this series. Dahlia is excellent at creating world and characters that you can’t help but fall in love with. I can’t recommend Dahlia’s books enough. She is a must-read author for me.“
~ Five stars, Steamy Book Momma on Amazon
In celebration of the upcoming release of Purloined Poinsettia, the fourth book in my Motts series. We’re having a little sale
Poisoned Primrose is 99c from July 26th – Aug 25th!
Pierced Peony is 2.99 from July 26th – Aug 25th!
Autistic, asexual, and almost forty, Pineapple “Motts” Mottley flees London with her cat and turtle to a quaint cottage in Cornwall. She craves the peace of life in a small village. The dead body buried in her garden isn’t quite what she had in mind, though.
Will Motts survive the onslaught of murderously bad luck?
Can she solve the mystery before it all spins out of control and off a cliff?
“These two just warm your heart and are so so fun. They stumble into things and find their way to the truth in such an unorthodox fashion that warms your heart. The story has you guessing along with them as they find things out and just keeps you in the moment.”
~ Five stars, BooksAreLove on Amazon
“One thing I love about this series, and this book for sure, is the clever writing. It makes me laugh and smile so much and I almost never solve the mystery. Like all the books in this series, I get so engaged I read in one sitting. A great book to take with you to the beach and enjoy. “
~ 5 Stars – Vols77 on Amazon