“I love this series. Dannel and Osian have a wonderful relationship and I enjoy their interactions with friends and family too. The mystery, as with others in the series, has several twists and turns, and isn’t easily solved. “
(not counting her cat, turtle, and friends lol.)
More specifically, here’s a few of Motts’s favourite Christmas things.
- Mince Pies (also, my favourite holiday thing)
- Making Gifts
- Faery lights, mostly the non-flashing variety
- Holiday cardigans
- Walking with her Granddad on Christmas Eve
- Her nan’s special treats
- Vlogmas from her favourite YouTube channels
Her least favourite things:
Really, that’s it. Carolling. A nightmare for Motts.
What are your favourite holiday things?
“Dannel and Osian continue to be the perfect couple for this series of cozy m/m mysteries. Here, their friend Wayne is accused of murder and the more they investigate, the clearer it becomes that there are powerful forces who do not want the truth to come out. The mystery is nicely offset by the wedding these two are trying to plan despite meddling from their families and it’s lovely to see an established couple investigating together. Long may this series continue.“
~ Five stars, Susie Umphers on Amazon
- Faith’s Song – Amy Wadge
- O Come, All Ye Faithful – Pentatonix
- Better Days – Dermot Kennedy
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Love You Right – Walk Off The Earth
- Deck The Halls – Pentatonix
- The First Noel – Pentatonix
- White Winter Hymnal – Pentatonix
- 12 Days of Christmas – Pentatonix
- Happy Now – Pentatonix
- Dulwich Village
- Various stairwells in the tube stations in and around Covent Garden
- How fire spreads
- Seeds to plant in winter
- Winter storms in Cornwall
- Covent Gardens flats.
- Travel routes/times between Dulwich and Polperro
- Unique manners of death
- Serial Killers and why they keep trophies
- Best cat treats
We meet Wayne Dankworth in book two of Motts’s series. He’s a ‘fancy London detective’ who works cold cases and has been looking into her childhood friend’s murder. He develops a soft spot for Motts. We see a lot more of him in Purloined Poinsettia.
So here are a few things about him.
- A definitely silver fox.
- He was very loosely inspired, at least visually, by the character Deacon on SWAT.
- Enjoys solving cold cases.
- A cat person.
- Cares greatly about the detectives under his command.
- Has a soft spot for Motts (and went out of his way to educate himself about autism and neurodivergence.)
- Highly educated.
- Enjoys a good sandwich.
- Finds the ocean peaceful.
- Relaxes by looking into historical cold cases.
“I love this series. Dahlia is excellent at creating world and characters that you can’t help but fall in love with. I can’t recommend Dahlia’s books enough. She is a must-read author for me.“
~ Five stars, Steamy Book Momma on Amazon