“This is a slow burn story that tantalizes even as it soothes the soul. Written from both Gray and Scottie’s points of view, the reader really gets a good idea of what is going on in the irascible Scottie’s head. A delightful short, it is well-written, realistic, and I adore the way the author presents the twins’ autism and how simple it is to work around and with it. There is steam in the palpable chemistry between the two MCs, but this short doesn’t take their relationship too far. Super hot kisses will leave you aching for more, but it is clear that these two men belong together.
As I mentioned to the author, I am salivating for the actual coming together of these two men. She assured me that the rest of their story is coming, and I simply must recommend this book to be read right now, as well as The Sin Bin series as a whole! I rate The Unexpected Santa at 4 sweet yet very hot stars.” 4 Stars from Cat C. at Divine Magazine
“By the end of the book, I was giddy and so glad to have had the opportunity to fall for these two men. I’m rating this at four solid stars and recommend reading the entire series. You’re in for a treat!” ~ Four Stars from Cat Clontz at Divine Magazine
Or, ten things about Alice and Alex, two of my favourite secondary characters in The Sin Bin. They appear first in The Royal Marine and feature more in The Unexpected Santa and The Lion Tamer. I thought I’d share a little bit about them.
- They are both autistic.
- Alice is obsessed with origami.
- Alex rebuilds motorcycle engines–with a bit of help.
- They eat the same thing every Thursday–beans on buttered toast. Every. Thursday.
- Alice cuts Alex’s hair. She’s done it since they were ten because he hates having people touch his hair.
- They drink warm, but never hot tea.
- Alex can’t watch scary movies. Alice loves them.
- Alice loves language–the way words sound. She often repeats phrases.
- They like eating out at restaurants, just the two of them but outside of the busiest times.
- They obsessively watch TV.
Title: The Royal Marine
Series: The Sin Bin, Book 4
Genre: Gay Romance
Release Date: October 14, 2017
Cover Designer: Claire Smith
On sale for half price!
Who keeps the Royal Marine’s heart safe when he’s running headlong into danger?
Akash Robinson fuses his Indian and British heritage into his baked creations. His life is all things sugar and spice, especially when a blind date leads him to the older military man of his dreams. Family, friends, and an unwanted admirer all threaten both his sanity and his budding romance.
Hamish Ross carries the names of his lost soldiers on his back. He takes his work seriously with no time for love. All it takes is one impulsive kiss to lead him into uncharted romantic waters.
When a sarcastic baker mixes with a stoic alpha marine, who will come out on top when the flour settles?
The Royal Marine is book four in Dahlia Donovan’s international bestselling gay romance series, The Sin Bin. Each one features hot rugby players and the men who steal their hearts.
On sale for half price!
Other Books in The Sin Bin Series
(this has nothing to do with the post–but who cares lol)
As I wrote The Botanist, I knew the novel to follow it would be called The Baker. It would feature Scottie and Akash. I knew it. Well, I was partially right. Somehow in the midst of writing Wyatt & Aled’s story, my plans went to hell.
Akash’s story would be next. Only a handsome Royal Marine, of one of Wyatt’s friends, decided to insert himself into the situation. In the end, book four of The Sin Bin turned into an entirely different novel than I intended.
It was better for it.
I thought I’d share a bit about the man who stomped all over my plans for book four.
- Hamish didn’t earn his nickname—the hamster. No one actually remembers who started it (probably Lily), but it stuck, much to his chagrin.
- His family has a century’s long tradition of military service.
- He has the names of all the service men and women lost under his command tattooed on his back.
- He makes excellent spaghetti.
- All of his friends consider him the most level-headed of their group.
- Pets aren’t his thing.
- The dating process is a waste of time to him. He’d rather be in a relationship or single.
- He loves The Rolling Stones.
- He should wear glasses to read, but refuses most of the time.
- With the deaths of his parents, Hamish is really the last member of his family left.
So there’s just a bit about The Royal Marine who sweeps Akash off his feet.
Which character of The Sin Bin would you like to learn more about?
(My visual inspiration for Akash is Raza Jaffrey)
In book four of The Sin Bin, The Royal Marine, which comes out in October, Akash Robinson gets his chance at love. He finds himself in the midst of an awkward love triangle. The baker has shown up a few times in the series thus far, but only as brief mentions. This is the first real chance readers get to meet him.
I thought I’d give a brief introduction to him with a few random facts.
- He’s biracial (or mixed race, depending on what term you prefer). His mother is Indian, and his father is Caucasian.
- Akash is completely obsessed with cooking reality TV shows. His personal favourite is The Great British Bake Off.
- He always wanted to be a baker.
- Until recently, Akash lived at home with his parents.
- His hands and arms are covered by tiny scars from getting burned while baking.
- Ganesh is the cat that his sisters gave him. Akash has a love/hate relationship with his cat.
- Akash played cricket at school–badly. He doesn’t like talking about it. His dad loves to tease him about it.
- As a youngster, Akash learned self-defense and has picked up several martial arts.
- One of his greatest joys in life is creating spice combination that represents both of his heritages.
- Of the three Robinson siblings, Akash has the worst memory.
- He and his two sisters were all given Sanskrit names.
- Akash’s name means sky or open space. His mother wanted him to feel free to grow into a great man.
Anyway, so there’s a bit about Akash Robinson. The strong-willed, sassy baker who tries to run away with the heart of a certain retired Royal Marine.
The next release in The Sin Bin is available now.
Wyatt “Earp” Hardy is a US Navy SEAL. His life begins and ends with those two words. He readily risks himself for the men under his command. Trouble is—he can’t live for them during a time when military policy weighs heavily on who he is.
Researching for his master’s thesis, botanist Aled Demers’s life is about to unravel. One torturous nightmare run-in with drug runners leaves him permanently scarred. He knows he’s lucky to be alive after being rescued by a group of SEALs, but suffering from PTSD takes its toll.
The SEAL and the botanist come from different worlds, but one rescue links them together. Can Aled recover enough strength to risk his heart? Will Wyatt’s leaving the navy force him to reassess more than just his career choices?
The Botanist is a short story introducing two key members to The Sin Bin series.
Also, Book 4 is available for pre-order: https://www.hottreepublishing.com/the-royal-marine